The following quiz will help you determine which constitutional influences, or doshas, are most prominently affecting your health and well-being. This knowledge will allow you to follow specific recommendations to bring your health into balance for your particular needs.
Please answer YES or NO to the following questions based on what rings true for you.
- I have always been thin and gangly. Yes No
- I lose weight easily and I have difficulty gaining it. Yes No
- I prefer a warm climate and don’t like wind and cold. Yes No
- My hair tends to be curly and dry. Yes No
- My skin tends to be rough and dry. Yes No
- When under stress I tend to become anxious and/or fearful. Yes No
- I have a medium build with medium bone structure. Yes No
- I enjoy competitive activities and enjoy physical or intellectual challenges. Yes No
- I prefer a cool climate to a warm one. Yes No
- I dislike heat, especially humid heat and feel easily fatigued by it. Yes No
- I have a sharp, aggressive mind. Yes No
- My digestion and appetite tends to be strong and I get irritable when I’m hungry. Yes No
- When under stress I tend to become easily frustrated, impatient, or angry. Yes No
- I have a sturdy constitution and a large bone structure. Yes No
- I’ve always been a little overweight. Yes No
- I gain weight easily and have difficulty losing it. Yes No
- I tend to have excess mucous. Yes No
- My hair is a thick and lustrous. Yes No
- My energy and stamina are consistent. Yes No
- When under stress I become withdrawn, unmotivated, and resistant to change Yes No
If you answer YES to three or more statements in section A,
you have a primarily vata constitution.
If you answer YES to three or more statements in section B,
you have a primarily pitta constitution.
If you answer YES to three or more statements in section C,
you may have a primarily kapha constitution.
If your answers are split between two or three of the sections,
you are bi- or tridoshic.