Yoga Journal and YouthAIDS Ambassador Seane Corn are challenging the yoga community to help us build a new voluntary counseling and testing center in Dharavi by World AIDS Day, December 1st.
Our goal, raise $250,000.
Thats just 25,000 people making a donation of $10.
Voluntary, counseling and testing centers have been shown to induce long-term, positive change in high-risk behaviors of both HIV-positive and HIV-negative individuals and couples. YouthAIDS centers offer a comfortable, safe environment providing same day test results, which are not typical in the developing world. Individuals who test HIV positive are referred for treatment, care and support programs and post-test clubs offer social and emotional support to improve quality of life. In addition, all clients, whether testing positive or negative, receive personalized risk reduction plans.
The yoga community is 16 million souls strong imagine what we can do together if we donate just $10 to YouthAIDS.
When you make a donation of $10 or more, Yoga Journal will enter you into a sweepstakes to win any of the following prizes and winners will be announced on World AIDS Day, December 1st.
Donate today and be entered to win one of the below prizes.
- Private Yoga session with Seane Corn in NYC or LA ($400 retail value)
- Ticket to a YJ conference of winners choice ($495 retail value)
- Invitation to a special event supporting YouthAIDS ($250 retail value)
(YJ to provide hotel accommodations for 2, in Los Angeles)
- YJ subscription and step by step dvd collection ($75 retail value)
- YJ big black and white coffee table book ($75 retail value)
- Goody bag from YJ conference with full size products ($150 retail value)
- 2 Tees from be.involved ($60 retail value)
- 3 Tees from Yoga, Tribe and Culture ($96 retail value)
- 2 Necklaces from Energy Muse ($115 retail value)
- 1 year supply of LUNA bars ($180 retail value)
- LUNA Ecoist purse ($50 retail value)
- 10 winners will each receive (1) copy of Yoga as Medicine ($17 retail value)
YOUTHAIDS AMBASSADOR SEANE CORN
Yoga Journal is proud to partner with Seane Corn and YouthAIDS to bring an exclusive campaign, Off the Mat, Into the World, to our readers.
Seane joined YouthAIDS in 2005 as an Ambassador and has made it her mission to raise awareness of HIV and YouthAIDS life-saving programs in more than 60 countries. Seane created Off the Mat, Into the World as a platform for yogis to engage their communities, educate themselves on the HIV/AIDS crisis, and help reduce the fear, ignorance, and discrimination often associated with HIV/AIDS.
In March 2007, Seane traveled to India with YouthAIDS Global ambassador Ashley Judd to visit YouthAIDS programs. During her journey, Seane chronicled her experiences with Yoga Journal readers through a blog. Throughout her three-week journey, Seane witnessed the devastating effect of HIV/AIDS in India, specifically on women and children. Seane was particularly touched by the work of YouthAIDS in Dharavi, Asias largest slum located in Mumbai.
Back from her recent trip to India, YouthAIDS Ambassador Seane Corn and Yoga Journal are challenging the yoga community to help build a new voluntary counseling and testing center in Dharavi by World AIDS Day, December 1st. Dharavi is Asia’s biggest slum at just over one mile square, Dharavi is inhabited by more than 1.3 million people. Click here to learn about Seane’s experience in Dharavi.
HOST AN EVENT IN YOUR STUDIO
As part of Yoga Journal’s commitment to our newest campaign with Seane
Corn, Off the Mat and Into the World, we invite yoga studios around the country to host a fundraising and awareness events in support of YouthAIDS on or around National HIV Testing Day, June 27th. Studios that host an event and raise money for YouthAIDS will be entered to win a free workshop taught by Seane Corn in 2008.
Find out how to host a YouthAIDS event.
- June 27 National HIV Testing Day Visit participating studios and your class attendance fee will be donated to YouthAIDS. Click here for participating studios
- Sep 23 Benefit concert at Estes Park Yoga Journal
- December 1 World Aids Day Winners of Fundraising contest announced
Conference / Eddie Brickell concert