Supereasy Green Tea Smoothie
smoothies, bananas, tea, green tea, beverage, beverages
Not a tea drinker? You can still get the health benefits of this nutritious beverage in our smoothie.
- 1 green tea bag (or 1 tsp. green tea powder)
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 small, ripe, mashed banana (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- 1 Tbs. orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- honey or sugar to taste
- Brew green tea in water. Steep to desired strength, and discard tea bag. Refrigerate 30 minutes, or until cool.
- Purée tea, banana, ice, orange juice concentrate and ginger in blender until smooth. Add sweetener. Drink immediately, or place in freezer for up to two hours, or until ready to serve. (If the smoothie freezes too much, just chop it up with a spoon.)