Yoga therapy is the best way to bring your life into balance! It can be intense but also fun, and I laugh all the time with clients. We talk first about what is hanging them up in life and then look at all the wonderful tools yoga has to get them un-stuck. This is an ancient science, after all—a clearly outlined path to happy, harmonious living—and there is nothing in modern psychology that can beat it. And it is great for both those new to yoga and advanced practitioners who are ready to go to the next level in their personal inner practice.
People usually find me and my yoga therapy practice when they have tried a few other alternative routes and know that there is a deeper level they are ready to get to in their self-awareness. I've helped people deal with long term stress, anxiety, depression, emotional reactivity, attention disorders, eating disorders, challenging relationship issues, grief, loss and post-traumatic stress.
In this individualized counseling, we discover the connections between a client's beliefs and their experiences, chronic tension patterns and emotional attachments. And we practice specific yoga movements, breathing techniques, and meditations that will best move them toward peace and balance inside and out. This spiritually-based life coaching helps clients build a strong foundation for courageous Self-affirming choices, authentic body awareness and true inner wisdom.
"My experience with yoga therapy has been more than I ever expected. Jennie has brought me through yoga in ways I never thought existed. I know now that there is some way to be healed that is gentle and very personal from a person I trust. With Jennie, I have learned so many things that are uplifting and spiritual, and she has a way of communicating that in a way that I can understand. I truly feel Jennie is a gifted, loving person and I am lucky to have found her." —Paulette Thierrault
Elements of a session include:
- Dialogue to clarify issues that are preventing you from leading a free and happy life
- Personalized and assisted yoga movements and breathing techniques to create steadiness and ease in the mind, flexibility and strength in the body and an increase in energy flow
- Discussion around any limiting thoughts or beliefs and yogic practices to clear them
- Life coaching grounded in both practicality and spirituality that will help you move into courageous life-affirming choices
Benefits of yoga therapy include:
- Release of long-held places of tension in the body
- A sense of inner ease and peacefulness
- Increased vitality, strength and energy levels
- A more positive 'can-do' outlook
- Sweeter, more connected relationships
- Self-awareness and the ability to live your truth
With over 6,000 teaching hours and over 20 years of experience, Jennie Lee’s yoga therapy is a unique combination of yoga movement, meditation and philosophy, as well as spiritual psychology and body-centered psychotherapy. As an active member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists and a certified process therapist, Jennie Lee also develops and leads retreats and workshops internationally. Please visit the website for information on the Nicaragua yoga therapy and meditation retreat February 2013, as well as other programs.
<< Back to Search Results