Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training
The Aquarian Teacher Training Level 1: Foundation® is the first level of a three tiered KRI Certified Teacher Training Program of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan. Upon the completion of this transformative course you will become a Certified Kundalini Yoga instructor and qualify to apply as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) at the 200hr-level by Yoga Alliance.
Throughout this 220+ hour, 8 month program, you will be part of a supportive, yogic community who will share this deep experience into the teachings with you. Taking the time to meet over nine weekends with manageable hours allows you to integrate the teachings gracefully into your daily life while respecting your personal, family and work obligations.
You will be supported by a team of dedicated KRI Trainers who are members of the KRI Aquarian Academy and are available to you locally between weekends for the duration of the program and beyond. In this program life-long relationships and deep bonds of trust will form that fulfill the longing of the soul for fellowship and spiritual community. Our final weekend together is a 3 day, 2 night retreat at a nearby waterfront Retreat Centre - the perfect way to acknowledge your commitment, dedication and newly acquired knowledge by being surrounded by fellowship and community.
View our Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training Brochure.
Our curriculum consists of:
- How to use breath (pranayam), postures (asanas), sound (mantra) and meditation to awaken your mind and train your body;
- Yogic philosophy and the origin of Kundalini Yoga;
- Yogic and Western Anatomy;
- How to develop a meditative mind for clarity and calmness;
- How to use mantra and sacred sound;
- How to develop a daily yoga practice (Sadhana);
- How to deal with stress and the yogi approach to relaxation techniques;
- The study of humanology and 3HO lifestyle;
- Teaching Kundalini Yoga Postures, Kriyas and Meditation; and
- Ethics and the Role of a Kundalini Yoga Teacher.
Believing that your learning is enriched and deepened by studying and learning from a variety of experienced trainers, PranaShanti brings in world renowned trainers from around the world. Our Teaching Team brings will lead you on your transformational journey of self mastery using the science and technology of Kundalini Yoga. All of our Teachers are KRI certified Teacher Trainers and always available to you.
- Devinder Kaur ~ Ottawa - Lead Trainer, Owner and Director of PranaShanti
- Guru Raj Kaur ~ Vancouver - Lead Trainer, co-founding Director of Yoga West
- Krishna Kaur ~ California - Lead Trainer, founder of Yoga for Youth
- Dr. Mahan Rishi Singh ~ Pennsylvania - Lead Trainer, Chiropractor, co-founder of Khalsa Healing Arts
- Dev Suroop Kaur ~ New Mexico - Professional Trainer in Naad Yoga, Recording Artist
Meet your Kundalini Yoga Teacher Trainers.Ã‚Â
- October 19-20-21, 2012;
- November 16-17-18, 2012;
- December 7-8-9, 2012;
- January 18-19-20, 2013;
- February 15-16-17, 2013;
- March 15-16-17, 2013;
- April 12-13-14, 2013;
- May 2013 - White Tantric Yoga (Toronto);
- May 17-18-19, 2013; and
- June 7-8-9, 2013 - Weekend Retreat (meals and accomodation included).Ã‚Â