Ayurvedic consultations and treatments are offered throughout the winter-spring season at the yoga retreat by experienced and fully-certified staff of the yoga retreat. Treatments may also be occasionally available with guest Ayurveda specialists.
It is recommended that you book your consultation and/treatments in advance of your visit to the retreat. More details about practitioners and booking information can be found on our website.
The Well-Being Center at the Sivananda Yoga Retreat offers:
1. Ayurveda consultations: a two-hour meeting with an Ayurvedic practitioner to explore your unique constitution and evaluate the signs and causes of actual or potential imbalances.
2. Ayurveda treatments (bliss therapy): These consist of abhyanga (a balancing warm oil body massage), followed by shirodhara (streaming of warm oil over the forehead and scalp) or nasya (a facial using gentle heat and application of oil to the nasal passages), bhasti (localized retention of oil), Ayurvedic facial treatments, therapeutic massage, Thai Yoga Massage, personalized cleansing and rejuvenation programs (panchakarma) lasting one week or longer, Ayurvedic lifestyle counseling.
3. Panchakarma: traditional Ayurvedic method to cleanse, balance and rejuvenate the body, mind and spirit. During a panchakarma we customize a series of daily personalized treatments and practices, following an initial consultation.
4. Therapeutic massage: supports general health, increases circulation, releases stress and enhances the immune system. It can relieve muscle strain, aches and pains. Reflexology, pressure point therapy and myofascial release are used with customized pressure. A healing way to relax and renew.
5. Thai Yoga Massage: a bodywork treatment relieving muscular tension, improving circulation, boosting the immune system and balancing the body energetically, facilitating mind-body integration.
6. Yoga therapy: An assessment of structure and energy, followed by instruction in a personalized yoga practice designed to relieve pain and to ease symptoms of chronic illness.
<< Back to Search Results