Thank you for your interest in employment at Yoga Journal. Below you can find more information about what we’re looking for, and how to join the YJ team.
ONLINE EDITORIAL INTERNSHIPS
Yoga Journal is currently seeking Web Editorial Interns + Social Media Interns for Fall, Spring and Summer.
NOTE: YOU MUST BE ABLE TO RECEIVE CLASS CREDIT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS INTERNSHIP. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU CAN’T RECEIVE COLLEGE CREDIT.
Yoga Journal seeks enthusiastic student interns to join its Web team for 20 hours per week (scheduling flexible), in our Boulder, Colorado, office. The ideal candidate will be a creative, detail-oriented journalism student with experience in web production, social media, and with an interest in online publications. A three-month commitment is required. We offer daily on-site yoga classes during lunch. This internship is offered in fall, spring, and summer. We have two positions per season or semester.
Web Production & Social Media Intern(s) Responsibilities:
- Produce original web content for yogajournal.com
- Import magazine content into CMS
- Maintain photo libraries on server
- Create and optimize images in CMS
- Build articles and blogs in CMS
- Produce content for YJ’s social platforms
- Develop photo assets (using Photoshop and other platforms)
- Maintain photo libraries on server
- Help maintain Instagram + Pinterest accounts
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work in fast paced environment
- Must be able to work independently
- Have a working knowledge of WordPress platform, Photoshop, Hootsuite, Canva, No Crop, and all social media platforms
- Have an interest in yoga, fitness and a holistic lifestyle
If you love yoga and the web we want to hear from you!
Please send a cover letter in the body copy of an email and a resume to WebEditIntern@yjmag.com.
MARKETING INTERNSHIP, YOGA JOURNAL EVENTS
NOTE: YOU MUST BE ABLE TO RECEIVE CLASS CREDIT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS INTERNSHIP. This position is open to current college students in the San Francisco, California Bay Area who are eligible for academic credit. This position is unpaid, part time (approximately 15-20 hours per week) and best suited for students who are interested in gaining experience in event production and marketing.
About Yoga Journal LIVE Events
Yoga Journal Events is a department within Yoga Journal Magazine that produces five national yoga events a year called Yoga Journal LIVE in San Francisco, New York, San Diego, Colorado and Florida. Each event draws 1500-2000 participants and yoga instructors from around the globe. The events feature classes, entertainment, community networking opportunities, and a Yoga Marketplace with the latest yoga gear and healthy living products. yjevents.com
Yoga Journal Marketing Internship
As an intern in our downtown San Francisco office you will be an integral part of the events team, assisting in both the day-to-day preparations of our upcoming shows and also long range marketing/branding projects. Please see examples of intern responsibilities listed below.
Events Marketing Internship Responsibilities:
- Compile and update media list, event advertising outlets & pr targets. Follow leads.
- Research untapped marketing opportunities / partnerships and present to team.
- Explore social networking options and continue to build and monitor web presence with through social media.
- Write creative Facebook and Twitter updates, blog posts
- Respond to fan inquiries and monitor event message boards
- Assist with copyediting and production of Yoga Journal LIVE promotional materials, update & proof website
- Maintain & update attendee demographic reports and event summary reports
- Update mailing lists for print and web
- Organize/categorize photography for use in promotional materials
- Research potential new advertisers/vendors/sponsors and maintain list of past advertisers.
- Assist with coordinating printings and mailings (Yoga Journal LIVE collateral, t-shirts, etc).
- Research newsworthy information about the yoga market, event sponsors and their competitors.
- Assist with general administrative tasks and pre-event preparations as needed.
- Stay abreast to online trends, events and content to share on social media (i.e. viral videos, pop culture happenings)
Internship applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in college or university and eligible for academic internship credit
- Be an active user of social networking sites and technologies and aware of best practices
- Have exceptional writing and communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Be computer literate and Internet savvy, with professional phone manners
- Be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Have strong interest in event marketing. (Previous experience in yoga is not required, but interest in yoga and wellness preferred.)
Start Date: Internship program is offered each semester
Duration: 3-4 months
Hours Per Week: 15-20
To Apply: Please respond via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume.