Thank you for your interest in employment at Yoga Journal.
Web Editorial Internship
Yoga Journal is currently seeking an Web Editorial Intern.
NOTE: YOU MUST BE ABLE TO RECEIVE CLASS CREDIT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS INTERNSHIP.
Yoga Journal seeks an enthusiastic student intern to join its Web team two days a week, for a total of 16 hours (scheduling is flexible), in our Boulder, Colorado, office. The ideal candidate will be a creative, detail-oriented local student of journalism, multimedia, or web production with interest in online publications. A three-month commitment is required. We offer a small stipend at the end of the internship as well as daily on-site yoga classes. This internship is offered in the Fall, Spring, and Summer.
- Work with the web editor to develop web pages for yogajournal.com
- Import magazine content into the CMS
- Maintain photo libraries
- Create and optimize images for web projects
- Proofread online articles and newsletters
- Help maintain social media accounts
- And more!
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be detail-oriented with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Have a working knowledge of HTML and Photoshop
- An interest yoga and holistic lifestyle topics is a big plus
If you love yoga and the web we want to hear from you!
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to WebEditIntern@yjmag.com.
Events Marketing Associate
Are you Ready to join a hard-working team that thrives in a fast-paced environment promoting ever-evolving yoga events? Yoga Journal, an award-winning national magazine and website for the yoga industry, is looking for a driven, well-organized, detail-oriented Event Marketing Associate with a knack for design, copywriting, social media and strong project planning expertise for immediate hire. As the Event Marketing Associate, you'll work closely with the Event Marketing Manager to market five outstanding national yoga events each year using online, print, outdoor, social media and grassroots marketing channels. Events range from four to seven days, each with 1500 - 2500 attendees. The position reports directly to the Director of Operations. For more information about Yoga Journal Events, please visit www.yjevents.com.
- Responsibilities Include:
- Managing print and digital production schedule and design projects from start to finish in partnership with graphic designer, events team, and marketing manager. Projects include: direct mail campaigns, print ads in publications, on-site event signage, banner advertising and more
- Owning the email marketing calendar scheduling, copywriting, and deployment with the support of marketing manager
- Playing a support role in managing event partner program (We love to co-promote in partnership with other healthy living businesses)
- Grassroots outreach to yoga studios, event sponsors, yoga teachers and more.
- Managing the event team's Facebook page and social media co-promotion in partnership with the magazine's social media team
- Works closely with marketing manager to support sponsorship sales in partnership with sales team and further work directly with sponsors on creative cross-promotional marketing campaigns
- Taking minutes of event team de-brief meetings and distributing to all staff members
- Excellent attention to detail
- Copywriting experience
- An eye for design
- Knowledge and interest in the national yoga community
- Customer service skills and superb telephone personality
- Previous administrative experience required
- Event planning experience a plus
- College degree
- Solid knowledge of MS Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of google docs, google analytics, and google ad words
- Working knowledge of YouTube, Yelp, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Pinterest, and Instagram
- Google URL Builder and email send systems
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Must have ability to lift 50 lbs
Please have application materials sent here: yjevents.com
Yoga Journal Marketing Internship
As an intern in our downtown San Francisco office you will be an integral part of the events team, assisting in both the day-to-day preparations of our upcoming shows and also long range marketing/branding projects. Please see examples of intern responsibilities listed below.
Events Marketing Internship Responsibilities:
- Compile and update media list, event advertising outlets & pr targets. Follow leads.
- Research untapped marketing opportunities / partnerships and present to team.
- Explore social networking options and continue to build and monitor web presence with through social media.
- Write creative Facebook and Twitter updates, blog posts
- Respond to fan inquiries and monitor event message boards
- Assist with copyediting and production of Yoga Journal LIVE promotional materials, update & proof website
- Maintain & update attendee demographic reports and event summary reports
- Update mailing lists for print and web
- Organize/categorize photography for use in promotional materials
- Research potential new advertisers/vendors/sponsors and maintain list of past advertisers.
- Assist with coordinating printings and mailings (Yoga Journal LIVE collateral, t-shirts, etc).
- Research newsworthy information about the yoga market, event sponsors and their competitors.
- Assist with general administrative tasks and pre-event preparations as needed.
- Stay abreast to online trends, events and content to share on social media (i.e. viral videos, pop culture happenings)
- Be enrolled in college or university and eligible for academic internship credit
- Be an active user of social networking sites and technologies and aware of best practices
- Have exceptional writing and communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Be computer literate and Internet savvy, with professional phone manners
- Be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Have strong interest in event marketing. (Previous experience in yoga is not required, but interest in yoga and wellness preferred.)
Start Date: Internship program is offered each semester
Duration: 3-4 months
Hours Per Week: 15-20
To Apply: Please respond via email to email@example.com and include your resume.