Asparagus-Ricotta Frittata with Parmesan
You need to be logged in to rate recipes.
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationServes 6
Amount Per SERVING:
- 4 whole eggs plus 4 whites
- 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 lb. asparagus, hard stems removed, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 300F. Whisk together eggs, egg whites and ricotta in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large, ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus and 2 Tbs. water, and season with salt. Cover, and cook 4 minutes, or until asparagus has softened. Uncover, raise heat to medium high and cook 3 to 4 minutes more, or until liquid has evaporated and asparagus is crispy, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium. Pour egg mixture over asparagus. Cook 5 minutes, or until eggs begin to set around sides. Sprinkle Parmesan over top, and transfer to oven. Bake 15 minutes, or until frittata is set. Slide out of skillet, and slice into 6 wedges.