Peppery Spinach with Nutmeg Cream
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationServes 4
Amount Per SERVING:
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 10-oz. pkgs. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 4 12-oz. ramekins with cooking spray.
- Place milk, nutmeg, and pepper in saucepan, and season with salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer 10 to 12 minutes, or until volume has reduced by one-third, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and cool 10 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, cottage cheese, and eggs. Spoon into prepared ramekins, and sprinkle each with 2 Tbs. breadcrumbs.
- Set ramekins in roasting pan, and fill pan one-third full with hot water. Bake 45 minutes, or until tops are browned.