My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationMakes 18 cakes
Amount Per CAKE:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup Sucanat
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup soymilk
- 3 small ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 6 oz. vegan chocolate chips, such as Sunspire (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 18 muffin-tin cups with paper cupcake liners. Whisk together flours, Sucanat, and baking soda in large bowl. Combine applesauce, oil, and vanilla in separate bowl. Fold applesauce mixture into flour mixture with spatula or wooden spoon. Stir in soymilk and bananas. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
2. Fill prepared muffin tins 2/3 full with batter. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes, then unmold onto wire rack to cool.