Arborio Rice and Savoy Cabbage Soup
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationServes 4
Amount Per SERVING:
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 small savoy cabbage, shredded (12 oz.)
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup Arborio rice
- 4 slices whole-wheat bread
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- Grated vegan Parmesan cheese for garnish, optional
- Heat oil in large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add cabbage, and stir to coat with oil. Stir in broth and 3 cups water, and season with salt and pepper. Cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in rice, and season with salt once more. Cover, and simmer 15 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, rub each bread slice with 1/2 clove garlic. Toast bread, then cut into fingers or cubes. Divide garlic toast fingers among 4 soup bowls. Ladle soup over toast, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.