My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationServes 8
Amount Per SERVING:
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour or white whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 5 Tbs. olive oil, plus more for greasing griddle
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 10-oz. bag frozen corn, thawed
- Combine flour, polenta, baking powder, and salt in large bowl. Whisk together buttermilk, olive oil, maple syrup, and egg yolks in separate bowl. Stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture.
- Beat egg whites with electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into batter, then fold in corn.
- Coat griddle or large skillet with olive oil, and heat over medium heat. Spoon 2 Tbs. batter onto griddle for each fritter, and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until browned and crisp. Transfer to serving plate, and keep warm until all fritters are done.