Gluten-Free Blueberry Quick Bread
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationMakes 1 loaf, 3 miniloaves, or 12 muffins
Amount Per MUFFIN:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour or gluten-free flour blend, such as Bob’s Red Mill All-Purpose GF Baking Flour
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 1 Tbs. grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup low-fat buttermilk or plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 9- x 5-inch loaf pan, or 3 6- x 3-inch miniloaf pans, or 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Whisk together almond flour, brown rice flour, cornstarch, lemon zest, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl. Whisk together sugar, buttermilk, oil, eggs, and almond extract in separate bowl. Fold buttermilk mixture into flour mixture with spatula. Stir in blueberries.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan(s). Bake large loaf 50 to 60 minutes, miniloaves 35 to 45 minutes, or muffins 18 to 22 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Loosen edges, and turn out onto wire rack to cool completely.