Fresh Pea Soup with Tarragon
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationServes 4
Amount Per SERVING:
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, white and light green parts thinly sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 cups fresh or thawed frozen peas
- 1 Tbs. tarragon leaves
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks, and sauté 7 to 9 minutes, or until soft. Stir in garlic, and cook 1 minute more. Add vegetable broth and 1 cup water, and bring to a simmer. Cook 15 minutes, stir in peas, and cook 1 minute more. Remove from heat, and cool 30 minutes.
- Purée soup in blender with tarragon leaves until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or chilled, with sliced radishes on top.