Yellow Beet and Asian Pear Salad
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationServes 8
Amount Per :
- 2 Tbs. prepared horseradish, or 1 Tbs. grated fresh horseradish
- 2 Tbs. champagne vinegar
- 1 Tbs. silken tofu, drained
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 gold baby beets
- 8 oz. organic spicy greens mix, such as watercress, arugula, tatsoi, and mizuna
- 2 Asian pears, sliced
- Black salt, optional
1. To make Horseradish Dressing: Place horseradish, vinegar, tofu, ginger, and 2 Tbs. water in bowl of food processor, and pulse until combined. With motor running, add olive oil, and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
2. To make Salad: Preheat oven to 400°F. Wrap beets in foil, and roast 30 to 40 minutes, or until tender. Cool until easy to handle, then peel and slice.
3. Toss greens with Horseradish Dressing, and divide among plates. Lay beet slices on one side of greens. Fan out Asian pear slices on opposite side of salad from beets. Sprinkle with black salt, if desired, and serve.