Cumin and Bean Sprout Quesadillas
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationServes 4
Amount Per 1/2 quesadilla:
- 1 tsp. whole cumin seeds
- 4 8-inch fat-free flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese or grated mild soy cheese
- 1/2 cup crunchy bean sprouts, such as lentils, green peas, and adzuki beans
- 1 cup prepared chipotle salsa
Directions1. Toast cumin seeds in large, dry skillet over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until fragrant, shaking pan constantly. Transfer to small bowl, and set aside.
2. Warm 1 tortilla in same skillet over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes. Flip tortilla, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup grated cheese and 1/2 tsp. toasted cumin seeds. Scatter with 1/4 cup crunchy bean sprouts, and top with second tortilla. Cook 2 minutes, or until cheese begins to melt and quesadilla holds together.
3. Carefully flip quesadilla with spatula, and cook 2 minutes more, or until slightly crisp on both sides. Transfer to plate. Repeat with remaining tortillas, grated cheese, cumin seeds, and sprouts. Cool quesadillas 1 to 2 minutes, then cut into 8 wedges with pizza cutter. Serve with salsa.