Zucchini Sautéed with Pine Nuts, Capers, and Raisins
You need to be logged in to save recipes.
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationServes 4
Amount Per 1/2-cup serving:
- 2 medium zucchini (1 lb.)
- 2 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbs. pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (2 tsp.)
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs. raisins
- 1 Tbs. capers, drained
1. Cut each zucchini crosswise into 3 2 1/2-inch-long cylinders. Stand each cylinder upright, then shave 1/8-inch-thick strips away from seedy core. Discard core. Cut zucchini strips into matchsticks. You should have about 3 cups.
2. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini, and season with salt, if desired. Sauté 2 minutes, or until zucchini are tender. Transfer to plate.
3. Heat remaining 1 Tbs. oil in skillet over medium heat. Add pine nuts and garlic. Sauté 1 minute, or just until mixture is straw colored. Stir in vinegar, raisins, and capers. Cook 30 seconds, then return zucchini to skillet and stir to heat through. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.