Garlicky Leek and Artichoke Soup
You need to be logged in to save recipes.
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationServes 6
Amount Per 1-cup serving:
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, white parts chopped (2 cups)
- 9 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 9.9-oz. jars water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained (2 cups) or 1 10-oz. pkg. frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 2 medium boiling potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (3/4 cup)
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 6 Tbs. prepared basil pesto
Directions1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks and garlic, and sauté 5 minutes, or until leeks are softened and translucent. Add broth, artichokes, potatoes, thyme, and 2 cups water; cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; season with salt and pepper, if desired; and simmer, partially covered, 20 to 25 minutes, or until potatoes and garlic are very tender.
2. Remove thyme sprigs, and strip remaining thyme leaves into soup pot. Transfer soup to blender or food processor, and blend until smooth. Return to pot and stir in lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Ladle soup into bowls, and garnish each serving with 1 Tbs. prepared pesto.