Grilled Sweet Corn with Chipotle-Lime Butter
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationServes 8
Amount Per 1 ear corn with 2 tsp. butter:
- 4 dried chipotle chiles or 1 1/2 Tbs. chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 cup grated lime zest
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 lb. salted butter (2 sticks), softened
- 8 ears corn
Directions1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Roast dried chipotles on baking sheet 5 to 7 minutes, or until puffy and crisp. Cool.
2. Remove tops of chiles and discard seeds. Grind chipotles down to fine powder using mortar and pestle or coffee grinder.
3. Combine chipotle chile powder with lime zest, salt, and butter in medium bowl; mix well with electric mixer. Transfer to 1-cup serving bowl, smoothing surface with spatula or knife. Chill.
4. Heat grill to medium heat. Remove all but 1 layer of husk from each corn ear. Trim silk from ends.
5. Grill corn 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally. Peel off remaining husk and silk. Serve with Chipotle-Lime Butter.