Danish Almond Streusel Cake
You need to be logged in to rate recipes.
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationServes 10
Amount Per slice:
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup Florida Crystals organic brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbs. cold unsalted butter, cut in pieces
- 1 Tbs. Simply Organic ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Florida Crystals natural cane sugar
- 1/4 cup Spectrum organic virgin coconut, warmed until liquid
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk or soymilk
- 1/2 Tbs. Simply Organic vanilla extract
Directions1. Preheat oven to 350°F. To make Streusel: Stir together almonds, brown sugar, flour, butter, and cinnamon in small bowl. Set aside.
2. Coat 8-inch round cake pan with cooking spray, and sprinkle one-third Streusel mixture over bottom of pan.
3.To make Cake: Beat sugar, coconut oil, and egg with electric mixer in bowl until smooth and creamy. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; beat until smooth. Slowly add milk and vanilla. Beat 4 minutes at medium speed until batter is smooth and creamy. Remove 1 cup batter, and set aside. Pour remaining batter in prepared baking pan, then add reserved cup of batter. Sprinkle remaining Streusel on top. Bake 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before serving.