Fall Harvest Groundnut Stew
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationServes 8
Amount Per 1-cup serving:
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 medium tomato, peeled and diced, juice reserved separately
- 11-inch piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 2 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced (11/2 cups)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 Japanese eggplant, cut in 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice (2 cups)
- 1 1/3 cups brown rice
- 1 7-oz. pkg. Gardein Chick’n Filets
Directions1. Bring broth, reserved tomato juice, and ginger to a boil in saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, covered, 30 minutes. Discard ginger slices; set broth mixture aside.
2. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté 7 minutes, or until softened. Add tomato paste, and cook 2 minutes. Add eggplant, and sauté 2 minutes more. Add peanut butter, cayenne (if using), and 1/4 cup broth mixture; stir until smooth. Add sweet potato, diced tomato, and remaining broth; simmer, uncovered, 1 hour, or until sweet potato is tender.
3. Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions.
4. Heat remaining 1 Tbs. oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add Chick’n Filets, and cook 3 minutes per side. Remove to cutting board, and cut into chunks. Stir Chick’n into stew, and serve stew over rice.