My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationServes 6
Amount Per serving (2 cups stew and 1/3 cup orzo):
- 8 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup uncooked green lentils
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 recipe Autumn Vegetable Roast with Orzo, or 41/2 cups roasted vegetables and 2 cups cooked orzo or couscous
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh mint
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Directions1. Bring broth to a boil in large pot over high heat. Add tomatoes with juices, lentils, turmeric, cumin, paprika, and red pepper flakes. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 25 minutes, or until lentils are tender. Cut roasted vegetables into bite-size pieces, and add to stew. Stir in cilantro and mint. Cover, and simmer 10 minutes.
2. Spoon 1/3 cup orzo mixture into each of 6 bowls. Ladle stew over top, and serve with lemon wedges.