Mushroom Calzones and Farro Salad
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationServes 6
Amount Per serving (1 calzone and 3/4 cup salad):
- 1/2 recipe Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms, or 3 roasted portobello caps
- 6 3-oz. balls whole-wheat pizza dough
- 1 1/4 cups jarred roasted red peppers, rinsed, drained, and chopped
- 3/4 cup grated low-fat Gruyère cheese
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked farro
- 4 cups baby arugula
Directions1. Place oven rack in lower one-third of oven, and preheat oven to 450°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, or spray with cooking spray.
2. To make Calzones: cut Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms into 1-inch pieces, and set aside.
3. Roll dough balls into 7-inch rounds on floured work surface. Divide roasted red peppers among centers of dough rounds, and sprinkle each with 1 Tbs. Gruyère cheese. Top with mushrooms. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes (if using), then 1 Tbs. Gruyère cheese and 1 tsp. Parmesan (if using). Brush edges of circles with water, and fold over filling. Press edges to seal, and roll slightly upward to form rope shape. Transfer to prepared baking sheet, and bake 12 minutes, or until golden-brown.
4. To make Farro Salad: Whisk together lemon juice, oil, and garlic in large bowl. Add farro and arugula, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve with Calzones.