Roasted Portobello Flat Bread
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationMakes 4 6-inch flat breads
Amount Per serving (1/2 flat bread):
IngredientsMarinated Apple Slivers
- 3/4 cup tomato paste
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbs. chipotle chile flakes
- 1 tart apple, cut into 1-inch matchsticks or thin slices
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 Tbs. white miso
- 2 Tbs. nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (2 Tbs.)
- 1 Tbs. salt
- 1 Tbs. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 15 pitted kalamata olives
Flat Bread Dough
- 1 cup pastry or cake flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup semolina flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
Directions1. To make Marinated Apple Slivers: Combine tomato paste, olive oil, and chile flakes in small saucepan; bring to a low boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 30 minutes. Remove from heat, and strain oil into small bowl. Discard solids, and cool oil. Marinate apple matchsticks in oil 10 minutes before serving flat bread.
2. To make Spinach-Basil Pesto: Blend all ingredients in food processor until smooth. Set aside.
3. To make Roasted Portobellos: Preheat oven to 425˚F. Whisk together oil, wine, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper in bowl. Spread mixture on large baking sheet. Place Portobello mushrooms cap-side-down in marinade, and roast 20 minutes, or until browned and tender. Cool, then slice each mushroom into 5 or 6 slices.
4. To make Flat Bread Dough: Combine flours and salt in bowl of stand mixer or large mixing bowl. Add olive oil and 3/4 cup water; beat or stir until smooth. Knead 7 to 10 minutes in stand mixer fitted with dough hook, or knead by hand on well-floured work surface until dough is smooth and no longer sticky. Cover, and let rest 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven to 425˚F, and coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Divide Flat Bread Dough into 4 balls. Roll each ball into 6-inch-diameter circle on well-floured work surface. Transfer dough circles to prepared baking sheet. Spread 2 Tbs. Spinach-Basil Pesto on each circle, then top with mushroom slices and kalamata olives. Bake 10 minutes, rotating tray halfway through cooking time. Top with Marinated Apple Slivers just before serving.