Sweet Potato & Black Bean Enchiladas
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationServes 8 (makes 16 enchiladas)
Amount Per serving (2 enchiladas):
- 1 15-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 3/4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. ancho chile powder
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic chili powder
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic onion powder
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Simply Organic chipotle chile powder
- 1 Tbs. Spectrum extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced (1 cup)
- 1 1/2 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (3 cups)
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 16-oz. jar prepared medium salsa
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, drained and minced
- 1 15-oz. can Eden Organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 12-oz. round queso fresco, divided
- Spectrum extra virgin olive oil, for brushing baking dish
- 16 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream, for garnish
- Cilantro sprigs, for garnish, optional
Directions1. To make Sauce: Bring all ingredients to a simmer in saucepan over medium heat. Whisk to combine, then remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
2. To make Filling: Heat oil in separate saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 3 to 5 minutes, or until soft. Add sweet potatoes, tomatoes, salsa, garlic, chipotle chile, and 1/2 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 30 to 40 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are soft. Mash mixture with potato masher until combined. Add black beans, and cook 5 minutes. Stir in half of queso fresco, and remove from heat.
3. To assemble Enchiladas: Preheat oven to 350ºF. Brush 13- x 9-inch baking dish with oil. Spread 1/2 cup Sauce in bottom of dish. Fill tortillas with Filling. Roll, and pack close together seam-side down in baking dish. Top with remaining Sauce and queso fresco. Bake 15 minutes.
4. Adjust oven to broil. Broil Enchiladas 5 minutes, or until cheese is browned and bubbly. Let rest 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with lime wedges, avocado slices, sour cream, and cilantro sprigs, if using.