My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationMakes 42 cookies
Amount Per cookie:
- 1 Tbs. flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup pecans or pecan pieces
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. grated orange zest, plus more for garnish, optional
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 oz. (1 stick) margarine, softened
- 1–2 Tbs. fresh orange juice
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
Directions1. Combine flaxseed and 2 Tbs. water in bowl. Set aside.
2. Grind pecans into fine meal in food processor. Transfer to bowl, and whisk in flour, orange zest, and salt. Set aside.
3. Cream together sugar and margarine with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add flaxseed mixture, and beat until smooth. Beat in flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time until smooth dough forms.
4. Divide dough in half. Transfer each dough half to large sheet of plastic wrap or wax paper. Use plastic wrap to shape dough into 2 1 1/2- x 1-inch logs; flatten sides of logs with side of large knife or spatula. Wrap tightly, and chill 2 hours, or overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Slice each dough log into 3/8-inch-thick slices, and transfer slices to greased or parchment paper–lined baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until cookies are brown on bottoms.
6. Whisk enough orange juice into confectioners' sugar in bowl to make thick glaze. Spread glaze onto each cookie with pastry brush while hot. Cool on baking sheets. Sprinkle with orange zest, if using.