My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationServes 2
Amount Per serving:
- 3 Tbs. unsweetened coconut
- 2 Tbs. vegan margarine, divided
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. dark rum
- 2 firm bananas, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup coconut, strawberry, or chocolate vegan ice cream
Directions1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread coconut on small baking sheet, and toast in oven 5 to 7 minutes, or until light brown and fragrant, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. Set aside.
2. Combine 1 Tbs. margarine, brown sugar, and 2 Tbs. water in small saucepan, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in rum. Return to heat; cook 1 minute. Keep hot.
3. Heat remaining 1 Tbs. margarine in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add banana halves, cut-side down, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until browned. Carefully transfer to 2 serving plates.
4. To serve: Top banana halves with ice cream, and drizzle with rum sauce. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.