My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationMakes 12 dumplings
Amount Per serving (1 dumpling and 1 tbs. yogurt):
- 3/4 cup garbanzo-fava flour blend
- 1 Tbs. coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
- 1 serrano chile, finely chopped (1 Tbs.)
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 large pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 medium green cabbage, large outer leaves left whole to line steamer basket, remainder finely chopped (3 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 3/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
Directions1. Place garbanzo-fava flour in bowl; add coconut oil, and rub into flour with fingers until combined. Stir in ginger, chile, coriander, cumin, salt, turmeric, and cayenne pepper. Add chopped cabbage, and mix, squeezing with hands until dough forms. (Cabbage has enough moisture, so you shouldn’t need to add any other liquid.)
2. Form 1/4 cup dough into smooth, oblong shape. Repeat with remaining dough to make 12 dumplings. Line steamer with large outer cabbage leaves. Lay dumplings in single layer in insert.
3. Bring 2 inches water to a boil in wok or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Place steamer insert over water, cover, and steam dumplings 20 to 25 minutes, or until shiny and firm.
4. Transfer dumplings to serving plate. Sprinkle with cilantro, and serve with yogurt.