Blonde Bliss Vegan Fondue
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationServes 6
Amount Per serving (2/3 cup fondue):
- 10 small fingerling or other boiling potatoes, peeled (1 lb.)
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 large onions, peeled and chopped (2 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 2 Tbs. nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup dry white wine, such as Chardonnay, divided
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 4 cups bread pieces (4 oz.)
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cut into wedges (2 cups)
Directions1. Cook potatoes in boiling, salted water 5 to 8 minutes, or until soft. Drain, and set aside.
2. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onions, and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until soft and translucent. Add garlic, and cook 1 to 2 minutes more.
3. Meanwhile, dissolve cornstarch in 2 cups cold water in small cup. Add cornstarch mixture to onion mixture, increase heat to medium, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add nutritional yeast and salt, and simmer 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove from heat, and add potatoes and 1/2 cup wine. Blend with immersion blender until smooth and silky. Return to heat, and simmer gently 5 minutes.
5. Add remaining 1/2 cup wine, and cook 1 minute, stirring once or twice, or until Fondue is thickened. Transfer to fondue pot, sprinkle with nutmeg, and serve with Dippers.