Grilled Endive and Pear Salad
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationServes 2
Amount Per serving:
- 1 Bosc pear, peeled and halved
- 1 1/2 cups Merlot wine or apple juice
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- Vegetable oil, for brushing grill pan
- 2 red endives, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup frisée lettuce
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced on bias (2 Tbs.)
Directions1. To make Poached Pears: Combine all ingredients in small saucepan with pear halves round-side down; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover, and simmer 15 to 25 minutes, or until tender, spooning liquid over pears to make sure they cook through. Cool in liquid.
2. To make Dressing: Whisk together all ingredients in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and set aside.
3. To make Salad: Brush indoor grill pan with oil, and heat over medium-high heat. Brush endives with Dressing, and cook, cut-side down, 5 minutes, or until slightly wilted.
4. Toss remaining Dressing with frisée and green onion in bowl. Divide among 2 plates. Slice Poached Pears, and fan on one side of each plate. Top frisée with endive halves, and drizzle with pear poaching liquid.