Black Pepper Fettuccine with Chardonnay Sauce and Grilled Asparagus
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationServes 2
Amount Per serving (3/4 cup pasta tossed with 1/4 cup sauce and vegetables):
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1 Tbs. nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 oz. uncooked fettuccine
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 6 asparagus spears (1/4 lb.)
- 1/4 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
Directions1. To make Sauce: Blend cashews and 1 cup water in blender or food processor until smooth. Strain out solids using fine mesh strainer; discard solids.
2. Simmer Chardonnay in small saucepan over medium heat 7 to 10 minutes, or until reduced to approximately 1/3 cup liquid. Stir in cashew mixture, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and ground black pepper. Keep warm.
3. To make Pasta: cook fettuccine in boiling salted water according to package directions.
4. Meanwhile, bring 1/4 cup water to a simmer in small skillet. Add spinach, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until wilted. Keep warm.
5. Heat grill pan over medium heat. Grill asparagus 7 minutes, turning once. Grill bell pepper strips 2 minutes, or until wilted. Keep warm.
6. Drain fettuccine, and return to pot. Toss with Sauce, and divide between 2 plates. Top each serving with wilted spinach, asparagus, and bell pepper strips.