Whole Grilled Ohio Spring Peas
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationServes 4
Amount Per serving (10 peas pods and 4 radishes):
- 40 fresh English pea pods
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- 16 radishes, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 2-inch piece fresh horseradish, finely grated (2 Tbs.)
- 1 Tbs. grated lemon zest
Directions1. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pea pods, and blanch 2 minutes, or until bright green. Drain, and transfer to large bowl of ice water to cool. Drain, and pat dry.
2. Preheat grill to medium. Toss together pea pods, oil, and lemon juice in large bowl. Grill peas 3 to 4 minutes, or until outsides are browned. Transfer to bowl, and toss with salt. Place on serving platter; garnish with radishes, horseradish, and lemon zest, and drizzle with oil.