My YJ Recipes
At Xinalani retreat, the day begins with a breakfast buffet of fresh fruit and baked goods, including this moist carrot bread.
Makes 10 servings.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups shredded carrots
3 large eggs
3/4 cup raw or light brown sugar
3/4 cup canola oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup milk or soy milk
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Lightly oil or butter a 9-inch loaf pan.
2. In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix carrots, eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla until well blended. Fold the flour mixture into the carrot mixture until just combined.
4. Gently stir in the pecans and milk and pour the batter into the prepared pan.
5. Bake until the top is golden brown and a tester inserted in the center of the bread comes out with moist crumbs attached, 50 to 55 minutes.