My YJ Recipes
Nutritional Information4 Servings
Amount Per serving:
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onions
- 1 small fennel bulb, cut into 1/2-inch strips (about 2 1/2 cups; chop and reserve fronds)
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, cut on diagonal into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 lb. white mushrooms, halved
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/3 cup pitted oil-cured black olives
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 to 3 Tbs. balsamic vinegar or lemon juice
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onions and cook, stirring often, until just browned, about 5 minutes. Add fennel bulb, bell pepper, carrot, mushrooms, tomatoes, olives, basil, oregano, salt, cinnamon and pepper.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes. Add vinegar, stir well and cook 1 minute.
- Serve over couscous if desired, and garnish with reserved fennel fronds.