My YJ Recipes
Nutritional Information4 Servings
Amount Per serving:
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced peeled carrots
- 1 cup diced peeled turnips
- 1 cup vegetable stock or canned broth
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbs. arrowroot dissolved in 2 Tbs. water
- 1/2 lb. turnip greens, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 lb. collard greens, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until onion is soft, 5 minutes. Add carrots, turnips and vegetable stock. Cover and simmer until carrots and turnips are just tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder, salt and pepper to taste. Add dissolved arrowroot and simmer until sauce begins to thicken. Add turnip and collard greens, and cook until greens are bright and tender, 5 minutes. Serve warm.