Kamut, Beet and Orange Salad with Dijon Dressing
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional Information6 Servings
Amount Per serving:
- 1 cup kamut, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups water
- 3 medium oranges, peeled and
- 2 cups shredded raw beets
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- Salt to taste
- Dijon Mustard Dressing
- 2 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In medium saucepan, combine kamut and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until grains are chewy but not hard in center, about 2 hours. Remove from heat, drain if necessary and transfer to medium bowl to cool.
- Meanwhile, make dressing. In small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients until blended.
- In large bowl, gently toss kamut, oranges, beets, green onions and salt. Whisk dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. Allow to stand at room temperature 20 minutes for flavors to develop.