Roasted Ratatouille with Basil Aioli
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional Information6 Servings
Amount Per SERVING:
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1-inch thick rounds
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch wide strips
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch wide strips
- 8 small red-skin potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 1 Bermuda onion, cut into 3/4-inch-thick rings
- 8 large cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- Several sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 plum tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp. minced garlic or to taste
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup soy mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In large roasting pan, combine eggplant, zucchini, bell peppers, potatoes, onion rings and garlic. Scatter rosemary sprigs over top. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Roast vegetables, stirring every 5 minutes, until almost tender, 25 minutes. Add tomatoes. Continue roasting, stirring once or twice, until all vegetables are tender, 10 to 12 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, make aioli: In food processor, combine basil and garlic and process until finely chopped. Add lemon juice. Gradually add mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon at a time, until mixture is well blended.
- Remove vegetables from oven and transfer to serving platter. Serve warm with aioli on the side.