Chickpea and Vegetable Salad
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional Information6 servings
Amount Per serving:
- 1 Tbs. unhulled sesame seeds
- 1 Tbs. cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup diagonally sliced carrots ( 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup diagonally sliced celery ( 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 cups cooked or rinsed, drained canned chickpeas
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions (white and light green parts)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup Creamy Lemon-Tahini Dressing
1. Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Fill large bowl with ice water.
2. In medium skillet over medium heat, toast sesame seeds, cumin seeds and salt until fragrant, shaking pan occasionally, about 3 minutes. Transfer to small plate and set aside to cool.
3. Add cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, celery and onion to boiling water and cook until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain, plunge into ice water and drain well.
4. In large serving bowl, combine cooked vegetables, toasted seeds, chickpeas, bell pepper, scallions and cilantro. Add dressing and toss to coat.