My YJ Recipes
Nutritional Information6 servings
Amount Per serving:
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 cups diced onions
- 6 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. plus pinch of salt
- 4 cups diced eggplant
- 3 cups diced zucchini
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced yellow summer squash
- 1/4 cup low-sodium vegetable broth, plus additional if needed
- 2 cups halved, seeded and diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups drained, pitted and minced kalamata olives
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup drained, minced capers
- In large, heavy pot or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, oregano, pepper flakes and pinch of salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add eggplant and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Stir in zucchini, bell pepper, squash, broth and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix well. Cover pot with tight-fitting lid and cook until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. After 5 minutes, check that some moisture remains in pot and vegetables aren’t sticking to bottom. If necessary, add a little more broth.
- Uncover pot and stir in tomatoes, olives, parsley and capers. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Serve hot.