My YJ Recipes
Nutritional Information8 Servings
Amount Per tart:
- 2 tart apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbs. cognac
- 8 frozen phyllo dough tart shells, baked as directed
- In large bowl, combine apples, raisins, apricots and cranberries or cherries.
- In large saucepan, bring vinegar to a boil and add brown sugar, lemon zest, spices and dried fruit mixture. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes (add 1/2 cup water if liquid evaporates too quickly). Remove pan from heat, stir in nuts and cognac and set aside to cool.
- Fill baked tart shells with cooled fruit mixture and serve.