My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationMakes 24
Amount Per brownie:
- 8 oz. silken tofu, drained
- 1 1/2 cups plus 6 Tbs. unbleached white flour
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In food processor or blender, process tofu until puréed. In small saucepan, mix 1/3 cup flour with water until smooth. Stir in puréed tofu until blended. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to medium bowl and let cool completely.
- Add sugar, salt and vanilla and mix until well blended. In small bowl, mix cocoa and oil, then stir into tofu mixture. Stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups flour and baking powder until blended. Scrape mixture into prepared pan. Bake until top is dry and springs back lightly when gently pressed, about 25 minutes. Set pan on wire rack and let cool, then cut into bars.