Baked Kasha Pudding
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional Information6 servings
Amount Per Serving:
This soy version of a classic will warm you on brisk mornings. Double the recipe and eat the leftovers the next day.
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla soy milk
- 1 cup uncooked kasha
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup shredded Fuji or Golden Delicious apple
- 1/4 cup skinned, chopped hazelnuts (see Note)
- 1/2 cup soy sour cream
- 3 Tbs. lightly packed dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ûF. Coat 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In medium saucepan, combine soy milk with 1 1/2 cups water. Cook over medium-high heat until liquid is almost boiling. Stir in kasha.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then remove from heat. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and shredded apple. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with chopped hazelnuts.
- Bake until pudding is almost set, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, mix together sour cream and sugar. Spread mixture over top of hot pudding. Return to oven and bake until pudding is set but still moist and top is covered with creamy glaze, about 10 minutes. Spoon into wide, shallow bowls like pasta bowls and serve hot.