My YJ Recipes
Nutritional Information6 Servings
Amount Per Serving:
- 15 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1⁄4 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 large baking potatoes (about 1 1⁄4 lbs.), peeled and diced
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tsp. VegeSal (see headnote)
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups cooked egg noodles
- In large saucepan, combine garlic, oregano and 2 1⁄2 cups water. Bring to a boil and simmer, uncovered, until garlic is tender, about 40 minutes. Remove pot from heat. Using immersion blender or fork, mash garlic until it dissolves into liquid.
- Add potatoes and 4 cups water to garlic broth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring often, until onion has softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add to simmering soup. Stir in VegeSal.
- In small bowl, whisk egg yolks. While whisking, slowly ladle 1⁄4 cup hot soup over yolks. Pour mixture back into soup while whisking vigorously. Remove pot from heat. Stir in cilantro and cooked noodles, season with hot pepper sauce and serve.