Barley Salad with Corn and Peas
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional Information6 Servings
Amount Per Serving:
- 3⁄4 cup pearl barley
- 3 cups cooked fresh corn (from 3 large or 6 small ears)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh green peas, lightly steamed, or 1⁄2 cup frozen petite peas, thawed
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced (1⁄2 cup)
- 2 scallions (white and light green parts), sliced
- 3 to 4 Tbs. chopped fresh dill
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- Juice of 1⁄2 to 1 lemon, to taste
- Feta cheese for garnish (optional)
- In medium saucepan, bring 2 1⁄2 cups of water to a boil. Add barley, reduce heat and simmer, covered, until barley is tender and water is absorbed, 40 to 45 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let barley cool to room temperature.
- In large bowl, combine barley with remaining ingredients except feta cheese; mix well. Serve at room temperature or chilled, with feta on the side for garnish if desired.