My YJ Recipes
- 3-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh lemon juice (6 to 8 lemons)
- 4 cups cold sparkling water, seltzer or water
- Ice for serving
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- In medium saucepan, combine ginger, sugar and water. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat to low and simmer until ginger is aromatic and mixture is syrupy, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, discard ginger and let cool.
- Transfer mixture to large pitcher. Stir in lemon juice and water. Add lemon slices and refrigerate until well chilled.
- To serve, fill glasses with ice. Pour over lemonade and garnish with mint sprigs.