Cranberry Rice Pilaf
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationSERVES 6
Amount Per Serving:
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup short-grain brown rice
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium-sized Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 Tbs. chopped Italian parsley
- Heat stock in saucepan over medium heat until boiling. Stir in rice, and bring to second boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, drizzle lemon juice over diced apple, and set aside.
- Heat oil in medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add garlic, scallions and celery, and sauté for 3 minutes. Add cooked rice, diced apple, cranberries and parsley. Mix thoroughly, reduce heat to low and cook 8 minutes.