Fricassee of Garden Peas and Ginger with Grapefruit
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationSERVES 4
Amount Per Serving:
- 7 Tbs. salted butter
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and julienned
- 2 cups green peas
- 7 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, leaves only
- 1 pink grapefruit
- Sea salt to taste
- In large skillet, melt 31/2 tablespoons salted butter over low heat, and cook scallions and ginger until softened, about 7 minutes. Add peas and enough water to cover ingredients. Continue cooking over low heat until peas are just tender.
- In saucepan, melt unsalted butter with 1 cup water. Using electric mixer, beat to thicken and form emulsion. Pour emulsion over coriander leaves in mixing bowl. Mix with electric mixer and strain.
- Peel grapefruit, and cut into thin segments. Cut each segment of grapefruit in half. When peas are cooked, add remaining butter and season with sea salt.
- To serve, arrange alternating pieces of grapefruit with portion of peas, and spoon coriander sauce around perimeter.
Grapefruit in combination with fresh ginger and coriander gives this dish a tangy profile, while the peas and butter add weight and texture to the palate. Play to the grapefruit. Try Château Ste. Michelle Columbia Valley Sauvignon Blanc.