You need to be logged in to rate recipes.
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationServes 4
Amount Per serving:
- 1 1/2 cups cubed mushrooms (5 oz.), preferably portobellos
- 3 extra-large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 8 oz. low-fat Swiss cheese, such as Jarlsberg, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 Tbs. vegetable oil for pan-frying
- Parsley leaves for garnish
- Shredded cheese for garnish, optional
- Combine mushrooms, beaten eggs, oat bran, shredded cheese, parsley, and salt and pepper in large mixing bowl. Shape mixture by hand, pressing ingredients together into burgers.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add 2 tablespoons oil, place several burgers at a time in skillet and pan-fry for 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden. Turn over, and pan-fry second side until golden. Remove from heat, and drain on paper towels. Repeat, adding remaining oil, until mixture is gone.
- To serve, arrange burgers on plate, and garnish with parsley and cheese, if desired.
These burgers are earthy and comforting. Match them up with a simple side of steamed greens or roasted root vegetables, and you’ve got a super wine-friendly meal. Pinot Noir is especially complementary to mushrooms, and the state of Oregon is home to many superb makers of Pinot Noir.