French String Beans and Celery Root Salad
My YJ Recipes
Nutritional InformationSERVES 6
Amount Per Serving:
- 8 oz. celery root
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 lb. French string beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Peel celery root, and julienne to same thickness as beans. Place in mixing bowl, and sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- Bring large pot of water to a boil over high heat, and add beans. Cook until al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain, and place beans in bowl and shock with ice water. When cold, drain, and dry beans with towel.
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- To make dressing, combine olive oil, vinegar, mustard and curry in mixing bowl, and whisk until well blended. Set aside.
- To serve, combine celery root and beans in ovenproof bowl, and place in oven to warm, 2 to 3 minutes. Add dressing, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Slater favors Gigondas “Cuvée Futée,” Domaine de Font Sane, 2000—a light wine that has a vanilla edge and a hint of oak. It can be served slightly chilled.